Dick Pearce Kids Mini Puffling Bellyboard
Moving to Newquay has opened my eyes to how much of an issue plastic body boards are, so many are left at beaches, discarded and blown around causing a massive problem with plastic getting into the sea. That's when I discovered Dick Pearce Bellyboards and their fight against the problem with their incredible hand-made boards...
Made with a wider template, the Puffling bellyboards are perfect for younger belly sliders! They also work well with flippers in bigger waves for those who are looking for a good travel board.
A 'Puffling' is the term used for baby Puffins! Our Dick Pearce & Friends Puffling is 2/3 the size of our standard Surfrider and perfect for children to learn to catch and read waves. The shorter length allows them to hold the board closer to their body and catch waves easily. They will be shredding in no time!!
Dimensions - 80cm tall x 30cm wide x 0.9cm thick.
- Weight - 1.4kg
- Finish - Painted and finished with our Eco Varnish.
- Recommended Use - From strong swimming age! From age 6+ to 12 ish. Always to be used with adult supervision.
- Bellyboards are NOT floatation devices - always to be used by proficient swimmers and/or under adult supervision.
Made with the highest quality sustainably sourced FSC accredited 9mm birch plywood. The birch is grown and processed in Europe. We use the best quality plywood available to ensure maximum life and fun out of each board.
Birch Plywood is a very sustainable product - birch trees absorb and uptake more CO2 from the atmosphere in their growth than is emitted during the plywood production process.
Post surf - The boards should be stored in a dry environment when not in the water. Store upright (not flat). If looked after well…. they should last for generations. Will need repainting/oiling/staining every few years after heavy use. Wood is good!
Info on the different finishes:
- Fully Painted - We use the highest quality exterior grade paint to ensure excellent protection for years. The paint is water based and environmentally friendly. These boards are very hardy and can handle lots of water and beach time!
- Oiled - The Naked Wood on the boards are treated with natural layers of linseed oil. This protects the wood and brings out the beautiful woodgrain. Can be re-applied over the years to keep the board waterproof.
- Woodstain - Our woodstain is made up of natural plant oils. The microporous, breathable finish allows the ply to breathe. Water repellent and extremely weather and UV resistant. Long lasting finish for years to come - the satin finish looks and feels beautiful.
- Naked - The boards are sanded beautifully to show the natural wood grains and colour. They are NOT TREATED - 100% ply. The Naked boards need to be finished with paint, oil or stain before use in the ocean.
HOW TO BELLYBOARD
You can see the full rundown of How to Bellyboard on the Dick Pearce website!