Zao Compact Powder
I love this Zao powder! It sets, mattifies and balances the complexion for a smooth and silky finish!
I love this Zao powder! It sets, mattifies and balances the complexion for a smooth and silky finish! It's perfect for people who want a lightweight, breathable powder that lasts all day!
Use this powder to create a luminous finish whilst minimising shine on the face!
Formulated without synthetic preservatives and with high-quality raw materials, this refillable powder is perfect for all skin types including sensitive skin and acne-prone skin. This powder is also free from talc and and nano particles.
COMPACT POWDER FEATURES
- Beautiful bamboo casing and cotton pouch with drawstring
- Refillable to reduce waste
- NO synthetic preservatives
- Net weight: 9 g
- Full ingredients in the tab below
HOW TO USE - For a matt effect, apply the compact powder with the Zao Face Brush. To cover problem areas, use a sponge to apply the compact powder, such as ZAO's natural rubber sponge. In both cases, always choose the same shade to your skin tone and use the product immediately after moisturising. To perfect your complexion over foundation, apply compact powder by choosing a tone lighter your skin tone.
ZAO BEAUTY TIP - Always remember to dust your eyes before applying mascara and eyeliner, to set your eye makeup and prevent it smudging after a long day. Looking for a darker shade? Go for the Mineral Cooked Powder no. 344 (chocolate) – this is a matt cooked powder that is not only used for a bronzing effect but also as an everyday powder to mattify the full face or as a blush for darker skin.
MY FAVOURITE INGREDIENTS
- Micronised bamboo stem powder - Regenerates epidermis - A white substance extracted from the nodes of the bamboo. It is mainly composed of pure silica and has been widely used in oriental medicine. Organic silica, which is a component of connective tissue, is present throughout the human body and regenerates the epidermis as it is involved in the synthesis of collagen and elastin. Over time, our capital silica diminishes causing demineralisation and loss of skin elasticity. It is therefore necessary to regularly replenish the skin with transcutaneous supplies.
- Organic cocoa butter - Moisturises and protects - Cocoa butter protects the skin from aggressive external influences. It helps maintain moisture levels as it slows water loss from the skin by forming a barrier on the skin surface.
- Silver powder - Natural preservative - These micro-particles of pure silver are antiseptic (especially on skin and mucous membranes) and antibacterial as well, thereby preserving the product and protecting the skin.
- Silica - Toning and moisturising - The human body contains about seven grams of silica, far more than any other mineral including iron (and silica is the second component of the earth's crust with a 28% share after oxygen with 47%). An essential quality of silica is that it allows the body to efficiently absorb and assimilate minerals and vitamins. The connective tissue of the human body (cell wall) is composed of collagen and elastin. These molecules need silica, which, however, is no longer synthesised from an age of about twenty. An external supply is needed especially for the skin. For this reason, most of the products in the ZAO range contain organic silica.
FIND YOUR SHADE
To find your shade click here.
Shade 301 is invisible and suits fair complexions for whom added colour looks unnatural.
Shade 302 suits those with medium complexions and warm undertones.
Shade 303 suits those with medium complexions and neutral undertones.
Shade 304 suits those with medium complexions and cool/olive undertones.
Shade 305 suits those with darker complexions and cool undertones.
HOW TO REFILL?
All of Zao products are refillable and with Zao making great changes to their packaging, most are now plastic free! Can't see a refill available on my site? It's because Zao haven't brought out their plastic free option yet, but as soon as they do, it will be available at Plastic Freedom!
REFILL YOUR ZAO COMPACT POWDER
- Remove the lid of the bamboo pot
- Turn over the pot and there will be a tiny hole
- Push a pin / earring / something similar through the hole to push out the empty compact powder
- Place the new compact powder refill in the bamboo pot
INCI/CTFA: MICA, ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH*, ZINC STEARATE, SQUALANE, SILICA, SESAMUM INDICUM OIL UNSAPONIFIABLES*, LAUROYL LYSINE, MACADAMIA TERNIFOLIA SEED OIL*, THEOBROMA CACAO (COCOA) SEED BUTTER*, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER*, CI 77820 (SILVER), OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) LEAF EXTRACT, AQUA (WATER), OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT EXTRACT, ALCOHOL, MALTODEXTRIN, THEOBROMA CACAO (COCOA) SEED EXTRACT, BAMBUSA ARUNDINACEA STEM POWDER, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT. MAY CONTAIN +/-: CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES).
* ingredients from Organic Farming.
- Natural and Organic Cosmetic certified by ECOCERT Greenlife according to COSMOS standards with 100% of ingredients natural and minimum 58% organic
- NO testing on animals on finished products, nor on ingredients.
- Cruelty-free certification http://www.gocrueltyfree.org/shopper
- Vegan - NO ingredients from animal origin are used
- Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers
I love this powder and I'm so happy I finally found one with safe ingredients.
The colours and the packaging can be improved. I have to blend two powders to get a good colour for myself and I wish the packaging had hinges like the Zao eyeshadow cases. If I forget to put this back in the pouch, it can open in my purse, which is not great.
Excellent face powder, lovely coverage and good colour.
Really good powder foundation able to build good coverage.
Not only is this super light on your skin but it smells SO good! Natural, vegan, plastic free and refillable! I didn't think something like this would ever exist!
I love all of the Zao products I've tried. They feel so light on your skin but they last really well through the day and the packaging is both plastic free (obviously) and really cute.
The colour match on the site was really helpful (I bought shade 302 and it is a perfect match, not too orange, which I was thought it might be). My liquid foundation is also from Zao and is shade 710 - if anyone else is looking to match up their shades.
The reason I'm only giving three stars is because there's not a good range on this product at all for darker skin tones. It needs to be more inclusive.
Very pleased this worked on our dirty dishcloths. I think it might have converted my husband to wean himself off horrible-smelling chlorine bleach.
This conditioner bar took a while to adjust to and initially made my scalp a little itchy but after a few weeks, I adjusted and my hair has been well conditioned. It is easily applied and the bar is a good shape, meaning you can get an even coverage. I will stick with this bar and hope to see evidence of growth in my fine hair as time goes on.
I love these. They have lovely scents and make you feel clean and fresh for the day ahead.
These are great dryer balls, made from waste material and biodegradable. They are much quieter than previous kinds I have used, and do not give off the odour that sheep's wool ones do. These are perfect and very effective.
Really great will be buying more. Very few ingredients that are gentle and good for sensitive skin and microbiome. May be needing to use a little more than other brands but with all the chemicals and risk of irritation are definitely not worth it! Thanks for making something so natural and gentle that can be used with condoms. Smells really good and aloe vera is good for you down there :))
It's going to be a relief not avoiding buying a drink at an event to avoid plastic
Have tried lots of shampoo bars over the years so though I’d give this a try after all the hype. I’ve been using it for 10 days (3 washes) my hair feels silky and smooth, lathers really well. No residue on hair. Am waiting to see the long term results for more hair growth/fuller hair. Give it a go
It is my first sex toy and it was a total suprise: functional, easy to use, discreet and it's different rythms are perfect for different moods.....
These were great Epsom salts - did as they are meant to. Plastic Freedom provide an excellent service.
This was a really good shampoo bar and left my hair feeling very soft but not flyaway. I ordered it with the conditioner which I didn’t love as much. From a practical standpoint it was easy to hold and manoeuvre, didn’t slip out of my hands and could be differentiated from the conditioner as it is in an “s” shape!
Only used a few times but love how makes my hair feel won’t go back to bottled shampoo or conditioner I’ve ordered for my 2 daughters too
This natural deodorant actually works and the fragrance free version is brilliant, I can enjoy using a perfume of my choice without it clashing with the deodorant smell.
Hi there, I was a bit disappointed with material as it was made in China polyester and I’d presumed it was bamboo. My mistake, but a good and bad thing as I trust you guys opinion. Xx
I bought it for our new campervan and it works a treat. Cute, compact, plastic free and no power needed (well unless you count yourself as the power) will be buying another one for worktops, tables...
From first use I was very impressed how my hair felt and ordered for my two daughters