Zao Aloe Vera Mascara
This amazing mascara from Zao Makeup is the one that I use daily and you'll see me wearing in every story on my instagram! It lasts all day, doesn't crumble, gives incredible volume and washes off super easily when you're ready!
Zao's Aloe Vera Mascara delivers intense definition, volume and durability with its clever structured lash-by-lash brush wand. Its nourishing formula cares for your lashes with organic aloe vera, castor oil and shea butter whilst coating your lashes from root to tip with intense colour. Perfect for evening wear, this mascara will gives your lashes va-va-voom!
Formulated without synthetic preservatives and with high-quality raw materials, this refillable mascara reduces the risk of redness and irritation to your eyes making it suitable for regular use and sensitive eyes.
ALOE VERA MASCARA FEATURES
- Beautiful bamboo casing and cotton pouch with drawstring (these are super handy for travelling with your toothbrush too!)
- Refillable to reduce waste
- NO synthetic preservatives
- Net weight: 9 ml
- Full ingredients in the tab below
HOW TO USE - Start with the upper lashes, holding the brush horizontally close to the root, move up in a zigzag motion while you are looking down. Concentrate on the ends to enlarge the eye and on the centre to open up the eyes. Gently tap the eye lashes when applying mascara to the lower lashes, ensuring that you don’t overload them.
MY FAVOURITE INGREDIENTS
- Organic aloe vera gel - Known for its soothing virtues, organic aloe vera gel repairs and soothes the contours of the most delicate eyes.
- Acacia gum or arabic gum - derived from the acacia senegal tree, is used as a bonding agent which improves the mascara and eyeliner’s hold. Its wealth of polysaccharides and glycoproteins also makes it a real tightening and lifting cosmetic asset. In addition, acacia has softening, soothing and healing qualities for fragile mucous membranes, which helps prevent irritation when applying mascara.
- Organic carnauba wax - Secreted by the leaves of a palm tree native to Brazil, this wax is a film-forming agent that protects skin through the production of a continuous film and thus improves makeup durability.
- Organic castor oil - Castor oil has purifying, nourishing and fortifying qualities, due to its richness in fatty acids and vitamin E.
- Organic shea butter - Shea butter is extracted from the fruits of the shea tree, which only grows in West Africa. Its richness in fatty acids promotes nourishment and moisture retention to skin. Recommended as a stimulant to wound healing, it is also protective against UV with soothing and calming qualities.
HOW TO REFILL?
All of Zao products are refillable and with Zao making great changes to their packaging, most are now plastic free! Can't see a refill available on my site? It's because Zao haven't brought out their plastic free option yet, but as soon as they do, it will be available at Plastic Freedom!
REFILL YOUR ZAO MASCARA
- Remove lid and pull out mascara wand (you get a new one with your refill)
- Unscrew the white part on the mascara and remove
- Remove the tube inside (this can be washed and recycled so although this isn't 100% plastic free you're saving a lot of plastic in comparison to normal mascaras as you can not recycle the whole tube)
- Remove the sticker from mascara refill and slot into the bamboo tube - there is a ridge that slots into the tube perfectly
- Push want into the bamboo lid
- Re-attach the white metal part to the bamboo tube
090 - ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE*, AQUA (WATER), COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX*, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, ACACIA SENEGAL GUM*, POLYGLYCERYL-6 DISTEARATE, GLYCERIN,
GLYCERYL BEHENATE, SUCROSE PALMITATE, ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL OIL*, BEHENYL ALCOHOL, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL*, BAMBUSA VULGARIS LEAF EXTRACT*, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), SODIUM LEVULINATE, CITRIC ACID, XANTHAN GUM, SODIUM ANISATE, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, TOCOPHEROL. MAY CONTAIN +/-: CI 77491
(IRON OXIDES), CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES).
091 - ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE*, HYDROLYZED CORN STARCH, GLYCERIN**, ACACIA SENEGAL GUM*, STEARIC ACID, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER (BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER)*, CERA CARNAUBA (COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX)*, GLYCERYL STEARATE, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, RICINUS COMMUNIS SEED OIL (RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL)*, CANDELILLA CERA (EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX), PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), BAMBUSA VULGARIS LEAF EXTRACT*, TOCOPHEROL, CI 77820 (SILVER), SODIUM HYDROXIDE. MAY CONTAIN +/- : CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES).
- Natural and Organic Cosmetic certified by ECOCERT Greenlife according to COSMOS standards with 100% of ingredients natural and minimum 58% organic
- NO testing on animals on finished products, nor on ingredients.
- Cruelty-free certification http://www.gocrueltyfree.org/shopper
- Vegan - NO ingredients from animal origin are used
- Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers
Great little mascara, easy to use refill.
Unfortunately the mascara doesn't suit me. When I put it on it's quite messy. I also find that during the day it brittles and black bits all around my eyes
Mascara is great, clump free and long lasting (doesn’t travel to under my eyes like my last one did).
Not sure what the point of the bag is that it comes in though. Seems a waste to me as it has no use. Can I refuse them or return them?
Was really excited about a plastic free mascara and the idea of refills, however disappointed in the product. Found the mascara came off really easily/smudged if you touched your eyes at all. Also found it a bit clumpy when putting on so sadly didn't continue using it and have reverted back to plastic mascara as not willing to spend the money on this product.
I have super sensitive eyes and wear contact lenses now and again! So having a mascara that comes off easily at the end of the day was a must. I must agree with one of the reviews below, that if you have a leaky eye the mascara will run a little, but the same as any non-waterproof I've used previously. In saying that, the other day I was working outside in the lovely wet UK weather and noticed while wearing my glasses my mascara didn't budge.
I've also noticed my lashes have grown since using the mascara, I don't know if this is due to the ingredients or the mascara being more gentle on my eyelashes, but I love this product and would recommend to anyone to give it a try!
This bag has made my travel wishes come true in every way! I’m a touring musician and have needed a gig bag to sit on top of my suitcase for so long. I’ve purchased a few other ‘eco’ brands but nothing does the job. Then comes along Baggu! It’s large, structured enough to hold shape but soft enough to pack away into a pouch! You can still carry it separately with the brilliant long padded handles.
It slots through the suitcase handles and best of all is made of recycled materials. Travel dreams come true. Thank you!
This TanOrganic Moisterising serum is one of best on the market - lovely fresh scent of lemon. Thank you
A little goes a long way with this moisturiser, it's going to last me at least 6 months! The scent is lovely but it stays strong for quite a while, so something to keep in mind if you're looking for a more delicate scented lotion. Also really lightweight and not greasy at all
Very pleased this worked on our dirty dishcloths. I think it might have converted my husband to wean himself off horrible-smelling chlorine bleach.
This conditioner bar took a while to adjust to and initially made my scalp a little itchy but after a few weeks, I adjusted and my hair has been well conditioned. It is easily applied and the bar is a good shape, meaning you can get an even coverage. I will stick with this bar and hope to see evidence of growth in my fine hair as time goes on.
I love these. They have lovely scents and make you feel clean and fresh for the day ahead.
These are great dryer balls, made from waste material and biodegradable. They are much quieter than previous kinds I have used, and do not give off the odour that sheep's wool ones do. These are perfect and very effective.
Really great will be buying more. Very few ingredients that are gentle and good for sensitive skin and microbiome. May be needing to use a little more than other brands but with all the chemicals and risk of irritation are definitely not worth it! Thanks for making something so natural and gentle that can be used with condoms. Smells really good and aloe vera is good for you down there :))
It's going to be a relief not avoiding buying a drink at an event to avoid plastic
Have tried lots of shampoo bars over the years so though I’d give this a try after all the hype. I’ve been using it for 10 days (3 washes) my hair feels silky and smooth, lathers really well. No residue on hair. Am waiting to see the long term results for more hair growth/fuller hair. Give it a go
It is my first sex toy and it was a total suprise: functional, easy to use, discreet and it's different rythms are perfect for different moods.....
These were great Epsom salts - did as they are meant to. Plastic Freedom provide an excellent service.
This was a really good shampoo bar and left my hair feeling very soft but not flyaway. I ordered it with the conditioner which I didn’t love as much. From a practical standpoint it was easy to hold and manoeuvre, didn’t slip out of my hands and could be differentiated from the conditioner as it is in an “s” shape!
Only used a few times but love how makes my hair feel won’t go back to bottled shampoo or conditioner I’ve ordered for my 2 daughters too
This natural deodorant actually works and the fragrance free version is brilliant, I can enjoy using a perfume of my choice without it clashing with the deodorant smell.