Zao Volume & Sheathing Mascara
This amazing mascara from Zao Makeup is the one that I use daily and you'll see me wearing in every story on my instagram! It lasts all day, doesn't crumble, gives incredible volume and washes off super easily when you're ready!
Zao's Volume and Sheathing Mascara thickens lashes, giving more volume to intensify eyes whilst the specific shape of the curved brush creates a sheathing effect that bends lashes upwards!
Formulated without synthetic preservatives and with high-quality raw materials, this refillable mascara reduces the risk of redness and irritation to your eyes making it suitable for regular use and sensitive eyes.
VOLUME & SHEATHING MASCARA FEATURES
- Beautiful bamboo casing and cotton pouch with drawstring (these are super handy for travelling with your toothbrush too!)
- Refillable to reduce waste
- NO synthetic preservatives
- Net weight: 9 ml
- Full ingredients in the tab below
HOW TO USE - Start with the upper lashes, holding the brush horizontally close to the root, move up in a zigzag motion while you are looking down. Concentrate on the ends to enlarge the eye and on the centre to open up the eyes. Gently tap the eye lashes when applying mascara to the lower lashes, ensuring that you don’t overload them.
ZAO BEAUTY TIP - Before you put on mascara, always make sure your eyelashes are dry and free of cream or oil, then dust them with powder. This preparation will ensure your mascara won''t smudge and will last even longer. Open the mascara gently and in one movement! Avoid pumping to keep the product on the brush, but make sure that you haven’t overloaded it. If so, gently remove any excess with a tissue and not at the opening of the bottle. If you have a few drops of mascara on your skin after you’ve applied it, wait until it is dry, then gently wipe it off with a cotton swab. If you are already wearing foundation, you can also dab a little on the cotton swab before removing the mascara to ensure your complexion remains even.
MY FAVOURITE INGREDIENTS
- Acacia gum or Arabic gum - derived from the acacia senegal tree, is used as a bonding agent which improves the mascara and eyeliner’s hold. Its wealth of polysaccharides and glycoproteins also makes it a real tightening and lifting cosmetic asset. In addition, acacia has softening, soothing and healing qualities for fragile mucous membranes, which helps prevent irritation when applying mascara.
- Micronised silver powder - These micro-particles of pure silver are antiseptic (especially on skin and mucous membranes) and antibacterial as well, thereby preserving the product and protecting the skin. Micro silver is often used in creams to treat burns. Almost all products in the ZAO range (except the two lip balms) contain micro-particles of pure silver (a natural preservative).
HOW TO REFILL?
All of Zao products are refillable and with Zao making great changes to their packaging, most are now plastic free! Can't see a refill available on my site? It's because Zao haven't brought out their plastic free option yet, but as soon as they do, it will be available at Plastic Freedom!
REFILL YOUR ZAO MASCARA
- Remove lid and pull out mascara wand (you get a new one with your refill)
- Unscrew the white part on the mascara and remove
- Remove the tube inside (this can be washed and recycled so although this isn't 100% plastic free you're saving a lot of plastic in comparison to normal mascaras as you can not recycle the whole tube)
- Remove the sticker from mascara refill and slot into the bamboo tube - there is a ridge that slots into the tube perfectly
- Push want into the bamboo lid
- Re-attach the white metal part to the bamboo tube
INCI/CTFA: PHYLLOSTACHYS NIGRA EXTRACT*, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE**, KAOLIN, GLYCERYL ROSINATE, ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, PULLULAN, SUCROSE PALMITATE, AQUA (WATER), GLYCERIN, POTASSIUM PALMITOYL HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN, GALACTOARABINAN, TOCOPHEROL, SODIUM STEAROYL LACTYLATE, SODIUM ANISATE, SODIUM LEVULINATE, BAMBUSA ARUNDINACEA STEM POWDER, XANTHAN GUM, SILICA, CI 77820 (SILVER). MAY CONTAIN +/-: CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES).
* ingredients from organic farming. ** made using organic ingredients.
- Natural and Organic Cosmetic certified by ECOCERT Greenlife according to COSMOS standards with 100% of ingredients natural and minimum 58% organic
- NO testing on animals on finished products, nor on ingredients.
- Cruelty-free certification http://www.gocrueltyfree.org/shopper
- Vegan - NO ingredients from animal origin are used
- Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers
tried two times so far but seems not very easy to control the amount and keep it not running to my face. Perhaps take some time to practise
Finally a mascara that doesn't sting my eyes like I have soap in them! This lasts all day for me, makes me lashes super long and I love the saving with the refills!
Needed to use a different wand as this one kept clumping but pleased that the mascara washes off with just warm water, no product needed to remove.
Beautiful container and lovely finish on my eyelashes - its makes them look so long - but I found out on a chilly, windy school run that it wasnt waterproof. If it was waterproof, it would be perfect!
It runs very quickly, which also makes it easy to take off but I had to go to the restroom to take my mascara of because it was all over my face. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
It’s first time I buy Zao lipstick and over browser it took me a while to choose the colour. I’m pleased with the colour though. I got the red orange 464, I am Mediterranean starchy skinned and it looks natural on me. I also like the consistency and texture on my lips, I can’t stand neither too dry or too greasy lipsticks and that hit right.
This bag has made my travel wishes come true in every way! I’m a touring musician and have needed a gig bag to sit on top of my suitcase for so long. I’ve purchased a few other ‘eco’ brands but nothing does the job. Then comes along Baggu! It’s large, structured enough to hold shape but soft enough to pack away into a pouch! You can still carry it separately with the brilliant long padded handles.
It slots through the suitcase handles and best of all is made of recycled materials. Travel dreams come true. Thank you!
This TanOrganic Moisterising serum is one of best on the market - lovely fresh scent of lemon. Thank you
A little goes a long way with this moisturiser, it's going to last me at least 6 months! The scent is lovely but it stays strong for quite a while, so something to keep in mind if you're looking for a more delicate scented lotion. Also really lightweight and not greasy at all
Very pleased this worked on our dirty dishcloths. I think it might have converted my husband to wean himself off horrible-smelling chlorine bleach.
This conditioner bar took a while to adjust to and initially made my scalp a little itchy but after a few weeks, I adjusted and my hair has been well conditioned. It is easily applied and the bar is a good shape, meaning you can get an even coverage. I will stick with this bar and hope to see evidence of growth in my fine hair as time goes on.
I love these. They have lovely scents and make you feel clean and fresh for the day ahead.
These are great dryer balls, made from waste material and biodegradable. They are much quieter than previous kinds I have used, and do not give off the odour that sheep's wool ones do. These are perfect and very effective.
Really great will be buying more. Very few ingredients that are gentle and good for sensitive skin and microbiome. May be needing to use a little more than other brands but with all the chemicals and risk of irritation are definitely not worth it! Thanks for making something so natural and gentle that can be used with condoms. Smells really good and aloe vera is good for you down there :))
It's going to be a relief not avoiding buying a drink at an event to avoid plastic
Have tried lots of shampoo bars over the years so though I’d give this a try after all the hype. I’ve been using it for 10 days (3 washes) my hair feels silky and smooth, lathers really well. No residue on hair. Am waiting to see the long term results for more hair growth/fuller hair. Give it a go
It is my first sex toy and it was a total suprise: functional, easy to use, discreet and it's different rythms are perfect for different moods.....
These were great Epsom salts - did as they are meant to. Plastic Freedom provide an excellent service.
This was a really good shampoo bar and left my hair feeling very soft but not flyaway. I ordered it with the conditioner which I didn’t love as much. From a practical standpoint it was easy to hold and manoeuvre, didn’t slip out of my hands and could be differentiated from the conditioner as it is in an “s” shape!
Only used a few times but love how makes my hair feel won’t go back to bottled shampoo or conditioner I’ve ordered for my 2 daughters too